“The 787 is the most environmentally progressive jetliner flying today, combining fuel efficiency and comfort with reduced carbon emissions,” said Billy Glover, Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Environment and Aviation Policy.
First sustainable biofuel flight showcases Dreamliner’s environmental performance
“Our historic flight using sustainable biofuels across the Pacific Ocean highlights how innovative technology can be used to support our industry’s goal of carbon-neutral growth beyond 2020,” said Osamu Shinobe, ANA Senior Executive Vice President.
ANA delivery flight also marks first ever transpacific flight using biofuel
The 787 flew with biofuel made mainly from used cooking oil and emitted an estimated 30 percent less CO2 emissions when compared to today’s similarly-sized airplanes. Of the reduction in greenhouse gasses, about 10 percent can be attributed to the use of biofuel and approximately 20 percent to the technology and efficiency advancements offered by the Dreamliner.
Made primarily from composite materials, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the first mid-size airplane capable of flying long-range routes and will allow airlines to open new, non-stop routes preferred by the traveling public.
Boeing is at the forefront of the global effort to develop sustainable aviation biofuels, as part of the industry’s strategy for lowering its carbon emissions.
- Double Boeing 787 Dreamliner delivery for Japan Airlines (planetalkinglive.com)
- Boeing 787 set for first biofuel-powered flight tonight (engadget.com)
- Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok - 20 , August , 2014
- Record number of passengers for Frankfurt Airport despite cancellations - 20 , August , 2014
- Pay per View inflight entertainment – will it take off? - 18 , August , 2014
- Fly to New Zealand on an Airbus A380 from October - 11 , August , 2014
- FAA implements Office of Airports employees Safety Reporting Program - 10 , August , 2014
- Airbus A350 XWB completes first day and night passenger flights - 31 , July , 2014
- Bangkok is the top city destination in Asia Pacific - 24 , July , 2014
- New gourmet meals by Ramón Freixa for Iberia’s Business Class passengers in Europe - 22 , July , 2014
- Derazona Helicopters buy first multi-role Airbus Helicopter AS350 B3e - 22 , July , 2014
- Thai Airways gets its first Beoing 787 Dreamliner - 22 , July , 2014
- Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
- Record number of passengers for Frankfurt Airport despite cancellations
- Pay per View inflight entertainment – will it take off?
- Fly to New Zealand on an Airbus A380 from October
- FAA implements Office of Airports employees Safety Reporting Program
- Airbus A350 XWB completes first day and night passenger flights